1. What operating system (OS) does RapidScreen run on?Android
2. What’s the benefit of an Android system compared to a Linux OS?There are a number of benefits, one of which is the intuitive nature of the backend platform. Since RapidScreen is Android-based, you can quickly access the backend settings within seconds directly on the device, with the included mini mouse. With most Linux based thermometer devices, even the simple act of changing the volume or updating the time/date will require you to SSH into the unit with a PC which can be a lengthy process if you are not familiar with Linux based systems
3. Can the software automatically send out an alert via text or email on high temperature readings?Yes, notification settings will also allow you to configure the system to automatically send an email or text notification to a pre-set list, indicating someone with a temperature beyond the configured value has been screened.
4. Is there an option to store the data of people checked?Yes, the system will automatically generate a csv log of all activity during the day, without saving any personal identifying data. The admin does have the option to enable the system to save images and ability to set up facial recognition with consenting employees. This data is kept for up to 7 days and it will flush out its memory after that period.
5. What are the requirements for sending out alerts or storage of data of people checked?For these features to function you will need to install software packages we provide on a Windows PC that is on the same network as the RapidScreen device. Additionally they will need to be on the same subnet (not separate VLAN) - so either both wired ethernet or both on the same WiFi network. WiFi and wired can be mixed but they MUST be on the same subnet.
6. How many records can be stored offline with the included storage?Depending on image quality the records can vary. RapidScreen Gen1 model includes 8GB of storage which translates to approximately 30,000 records. RapidScreen Gen2 model includes 16GB of storage which translates to approximately 60,000 records. Gen2 will start shipping the 3rd quarter 2020.
7. How many records can be stored offline with the included 8GB of storage?Depending on image quality the records can vary, however approximately 30,000 records can be stored.
8. Is the software/app or data cloud based? Is it locally stored or saved?The main software resides locally on the device. The data out of the box will be stored directly on the device. The system can be configured to store the data on the cloud or other servers if desired by the client. Please contact us for more information.
9. When cloud storage becomes available, how will it be priced?Please contact us for pricing information.
10. Does RapidScreen require internet access?The device includes options for Wi-Fi, LAN and Bluetooth, however, this unit can work as a standalone for temperature screening and mask detection without any connection requirement. It will only require a certain connection depending on the features you would want to use such as email notifications or remote access.
11. Does the device support touch screen functionality?No, the device is designed to be completely contactless and therefore is designed to operate completely without any touch interphase. The backend can be configured either by attaching a mouse and keyboard to the USB slots or connecting via remote access.
12. Does RapidScreen have the capability to ask questions or take surveys?No, the UX is designed to keep guests moving quickly and efficiently through the system to avoid any bottlenecks. software add-ons will allow mobile app integrations for surveys to be synced with the device data using QR scanning. Contact us if you need more information about this feature.
13. How does the facial recognition setup work?There are two methods to set up facial recognition. Direct method is to scan individual guests/employees one by one as they approach the device for the first time, registering them with a name (using a keyboard). Another option is to batch upload images to the system either directly or remotely with the online dashboard, this feature will be available 3rd quarter 2020.
14. Will face recognition work if the person is wearing a mask?Yes, whether they are wearing a mask or not, the systems AI face recognition software can determine the specific individual.
15. Will PEGASAT or any third party have access to my data that the device manages?No, we will not have any access to the device or its data. The data is stored in its included hard drive. There is an optional remote management software that can be purchased and the administrator can then provide access to others they wish to manage the device using an encrypted login.
16. Is the device stand-alone or does it need to connect to Wi-Fi or a network? What are the advantages of connecting to a network, internet or cloud-based services?Yes, RapidScreen can be ready for use just by plugging into a power source. Connection to a network is required for remote monitoring and data collection. In addition, you can integrate the kiosk with other devices such as doors, gates, security systems, and printers.
17. Does RapidScreen identify the person or other data?The current version can save facial recognition functionality of an employee’s face and log each temperature scan of that person into a file if these settings are enabled. The log of scans will be stored on the device and can be retrieved either locally but the device will flush this information every 7 days. By 3rd quarter of 2020 we are expecting an online admin portal which will allow you to manage the data recorded by the device, additional costs may apply.
18. Is there any kind of API or SDK available?RapidScreen will have a full API available by 2nd half of 2020 for the ability to integrate with other platforms and devices.
19. Can RapidScreen be integrated with an existing timeclocking, payroll or time tracking platform?Yes, however this will require that platform to allow for third party devices to be integrated.
20. With the text/email alert, will the message contain the picture and/or name of the person? What other information will be on the message?Yes, the message will have both the name and picture of the person that triggered the alert. Other information can include whether or not they are wearing a mask or if they are a stranger that is not recognized (if you have that option turned on).
21. Can we download and install Android supported applications on the device?No, the device’s OS is tailored to serve with only the included applications and thermometer app. This ensures a more stable unit as well as avoids any security vulnerabilities. In the future we may have support for third party applications.
22. Can RapidScreen be integrated with door access or other devices?Yes, there are three ways for this:
- A relay cable that can be directly connected and triggers a signal to enable the door to open or unlock.
- Wiegand will allow the device to interface with building security systems to trigger events.
- Integrating using the device API and networking the system either via WiFi or LAN.
23. Is there more information available regarding other applications? Adding a printer? Adding RFID readers? Releasing a locked door?Yes, you can reference our Back End UX Guide. Printers are proprietary, if you are interested please contact our sales team.
24. What is required by our IT department to deploy?The current product is designed to be deployed as a stand-alone, therefore at a minimum only power will be required. In the case you need the device to be connected to a door or network please refer to your IT or Security team to make sure the device can properly access the internet and to see how the device can be deployed with the current software that operates your door access.
25. With the standalone setup (not networked), does it sound an alarm or require a person to be close to the device to approve the person to go to the next stage?As long as the device detects a temperature over the preset range, the alert notification will sound until it no longer detects that temperature. There is also a visual alert on the display that lights up Green or Amber based on the pass/fail result. This device unless it’s properly integrated with the current security system of the facility it will not stop people from going in regardless of the temperature reading, it will only alert you of the temperature it has registered. With that being said there are methods of configuring the device to doors in order to provide that feature, If you need help setting this up please contact us for more information.
26. Relating to network connectivity, assuming a receptionist is on another computer that would access the reading, would this app run locally or is it cloud-based?The app runs locally on the device in order to ensure quick and stable operation. The receptionist could remote in to access the device as a live feed, with the future online dashboard that is set to release 3rd quarter of 2020. Another option is to wirelessly sync the device with a supported chrome cast display.
27. With the online dashboard portal, will the information sync automatically across multiple RapidScreen devices in a customer owned environment?Yes, multiple devices can be controlled within one dashboard portal.
28. From a security perspective, how frequent are the security patches updated?We provide ongoing patch updates as needed.
29. Does RapidScreen include an RFID or NFC card reader?Most of our clients have these already embedded in their systems, and adding redundancy here, with even the symbol on the device would confuse visitors. Instead we added connections to the device such as a relay and a wiegand connection in order for the device to integrate into the already built in system of the facility.
30. Will RapidScreen work with a turnstile system?Yes, provided that the turnstile accepts a relay, wiegand, or networked.
31. For an additional cost, is there a way to customize or modify the front-end user experience or add additional custom features to the system for our specific needs?We will be willing to look at accommodating custom features and user interface changes for clients with a large quantity purchase. We will also have an API kit available for clients that are looking to integrate the device with other systems. Keep in mind that we are always adding new updates to the system which will be available as an upgrade APK for clients.
32. What is the function of each relay mode?0: indicates that the mode is not automatically closed, i.e. the relay is not automatically closed when the relay is opened 1: indicates auto-closed mode (high valid - default low, then high X seconds, , last low) i.e. x seconds of delay X automatically closes after the relay is opened 2: indicates auto-closed mode (low effective - default low, then high X seconds, , last low) i.e. x seconds of delay X automatically closes after the relay is opened
33. Relay Output: Is the relay Form-C?Relay is a dry contact and supports up to 120vac/vdc 1a.
34. What are the specifications on the Wiegand connection?
- The Wiegand has three wires D0 (EXTIO-2), D1 (EXTIO-3) and GND. The VCC is not to be connected. It outputs wiegand 26, 32 or 34 bit card data. The bit rate is 9600 the parity is 1 the stop bit is 8.
For further information please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org